Jacques is my 9x GG – anyone else?

Home Forums Genealogy Descendants of Jacques Jacques is my 9x GG – anyone else?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kris DuBois Best Kris DuBois Best 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mae Isaac
    Mae Isaac
    Participant

Hello,

Looking for any other descendants of Jacques via his son Peter/Pierre, grandson Jonathan, great-grandson Peter Jonathan, then Koert (1763-1831).

Ironically, I went to school in New Paltz and had no idea I was related at the time!!

Mae

Profile photo of William DuBois
    William DuBois
    Participant

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Special:Relationship Here is my relationship to you. It would appear that we are distant cousins. W. DuBois

Profile photo of Libby Edwards
    Libby Edwards
    Participant

Hello.
    I have long been stumped on the DuBois line, but was delighted to recently discover the information I was seeking. My 3rd GGM was Hettie Ann DuBois, daughter of Jacob DB and Ann Dickerson (info from various applications for Sons of the American Revolution). Going back, Jacob DB and Gerretje Gerritsen were my 8th GGs. Hettie’s husband, Robert Homsher, MD (Camden, OH), did a family tree that I saw a few times many years ago, but it has been misplaced. What I remember was he traced the DuBois family back to the 1400s via Mannheim. He also mentioned the Aquila Chase family of Newbury, MA, starting in the 1600s, I believe. He also said that the reason for doing tree was that there was a huge tract of land in Belgium, worth millions, that belonged to the family and the government was trying to locate the heirs. This may have been related to the Homsher side, but I am not sure. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks!
    Glad to be in touch with all my “cousins.”

Profile photo of Libby Edwards
    Libby Edwards
    Participant

Thank you, William. I will need to find some time to compare to my tree. Very much appreciate your help!

Profile photo of Kris DuBois Best
    Kris DuBois Best
    Participant

I would be very interested in learning more about this. I’m very new but what I have learned is that I’m from “North France.” Well, “North France” back in the 1700s meant The Belgium/Netherland/Germany areas. I even googled this and found nothing. Can you help please?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.