Sarah du Bois

Home Forums Genealogy Descendants of Louis Sarah du Bois

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Melanie Shearman Melanie Shearman 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David C Sanders
    David C Sanders
    Participant

Sarah du Bois (daughter of Louis)is my 8th great grandmother. My family connection begins with the marriage of Ruth VanMeter to Captain Samuel Gill (Kentucky) Ruth’s father was Henry, his father was John, and his father was Joost JANSEN VAN METERN who married Sara Du Bois. would love to chat with someone who could provide me with more info on these ancestors.

Profile photo of DeeDee
    DeeDee
    Participant

Hi David,

I am also a descendant of the Dubois and VanMeter families. They are actually fairly easy to find out about with online trees, blogs, genealogies (along with this website).

I just looked up Ruth VanMeter and Samuel Gill and found this page: http://sciway3.net/clark/gill/boutetourterasmus.html – interesting and a branch I did not know about!

DeeDee

Profile photo of DeeDee
    DeeDee
    Participant

I had to find out more because I thought from what you wrote that the people you mentioned were related to me – and I found that they were. Ruth Van Meter was my 1st cousin, 7 times removed. Her father Henry was my 7th great uncle (and a brother of my 7th great-grandfather Jacob VanMeter). This site shows tons of details about the family – the page I am linking is Ruth VanMeter’s. http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=elsien57&id=I2094

Profile photo of Brian Protheroe
    Brian Protheroe
    Participant

Greetings! I am a recent addition to the Dubois Family Association, and I look forward to participation in the forums and connecting points of family history. Sarah Dubois would be my 9th great grandmother, and her son Jan Van Meter my 8th great grandfather. Surnames to follow would be Shepherd, Brown, Grove, Remsberg and Ensminger. Franklin Shepherd Grove, my 2nd great grandfather, arrived in eastern Kansas in the 1870s. I’ve been in California for the past decade.

Profile photo of Melanie Shearman
    Melanie Shearman
    Participant

While I am not a direct decendant of Sarah and Abraham, I have run across Sarah’s story in my pursuit of Helena Bayard (300 years missing). If you are on Ancestry.com, LaVonneAStockdale(sic) has posted stories of the DuBois’ and Van Meteren. Sarah married the younger Van Meter who was one of the children kidnapped with Catherine DuBois by the Esopus Indians.
    Good luck.
    Melanie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.